Life begins each morning... Each morning is an open door to a new world - new vistas, new aims, new tryings. - Leigh Hodges
Love comes when we take the time to understand and care for another person. - Janette Oke
One can never consent to creep when one feels an
impulse to soar. - Helen Keller
Why does a cow wear a bell ? Because her horns don't work !
Why buy the cow when you can milk her over the fence for free !
When we do what is right, we have contentment, peace and happiness. - Beverly LaHaye
Hospitality is making your guests feel at home even though you wish they were.
- Barbara Johnson
What is Success?
To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent
people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics
and endure the betrayal of friends;
To appreciate beauty;
To find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether
by a healthy child, a garden patch
or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed
easier because you have lived;
This is to have succeeded.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
You know that Canadian hockey team the Toronto Maple Leafs?
I hear that they're are getting a
new manager... he is oriental.
His name is: win one soon!
Mastery of Life
The better we understand each other,
the less we judge each other.
The less we judge, the more we accept.
The more we accept, the less we fear.
The less we fear, the more we cooperate.
The more we cooperate, the more we
and the more we accomplish, the better
life is for all. - Jim Cathcart
CATS ARE SO DRAMATIC !
The Reverend Francis Norton woke up one Sunday morning and realizing it was an exceptionally beautiful and sunny spring day, shortly after those long winter months, decided he just had to play golf. So... he told the Associate Pastor that he was feeling sick and convinced him to fill in and say Mass that day. As soon as the Associate Pastor left the room, Father Norton headed out of town to a golf course about forty miles away. This way he knew he wouldn’t accidentally meet anyone he knew from his parish.
Setting up on the first tee, he was alone. After all, it was Sunday morning and everyone else was in church!
At this time Saint Peter leaned over to the Lord while looking down from the heavens and exclaimed, “Your not going to let him get away with this, are you?” The Lord sighed, and said, “No, I guess not.”
People are often unreasonable, irrational and self-centered; ................. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; ............... Be kind anyway.
If you are successful,
you will win some unfaithfull friends and some genuine enemies; ................. Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you; ....... Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years creating others could destroy overnight; ...................... Create anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous; .......................... Be happy anyway.
The good you do today will often be forgotten; ............................................. Do good anyway.
Give the best you have, and it may never be enough; ......................... Give your best anyway.
In the final analysis, it is between you and God; It was never between you and them anyway.
- Mother Theresa
Just then Father Norton hit the ball and it shot straight towards the pin, dropping just short of it, rolled up and fell into the hole. WOW! IT WAS A 420 YARD HOLE IN ONE!
St. Peter was astonished. He looked at the Lord and asked, “Why did you let him do that?” The Lord smiled and replied,
“Who’s he going to tell?”
Time is a dress maker specializing
in alterations. - Faith Baldwin
Time heals all wounds.
WHAT I WANT
IN A MAN
- AOL Mar16, 2000
(at age 22)
4. A Caring Listener
6. In Good Shape
7. Dresses with
8. Appreciates the
9. Full of Thoughtful
10. An Imaginative,
Trouble is part of your life, and if you don't share it, you don't give the
What I Want in A Man, Revised List (at age 32)
1. Nice looking – preferably with hair on his head.
2. Opens car doors, holds chairs
3. Has enough money
for a nice dinner at restaurant
4. Listens more than
5. Laughs at my jokes at appropriate times
6. Can carry in all the groceries with ease
7. Owns at least one tie
8. Appreciates a good home cooked meal
9. Remembers Birthdays and Anniversaries
10. Seeks romance at least once a week
person who loves
you a chance to
love you enough.
- Dinah Shore
What I Want in A Man, Revised List (at age 42)
1. Not too ugly – bald head OK
2. Doesn’t drive off until I’m in the car
3. Works steady – splurges on dinner at McDonalds – on occasion
4. Nods head at appropriate times when I’m talking
5. Usually remembers the punch lines of jokes
6. Is in good enough shape to rearrange the furniture
7. Usually wears shirt that covers stomach
8. Knows not to buy champagne with screw-top lids
9. Remembers to put the toilet seat lid down
10. Shaves on most weekends
What I Want in A Man, Revised List (at age 52)
1. Keeps hair in nose and ears trimmed to appropriate length
2. Doesn’t belch or scratch in public
3. Doesn’t borrow money too often
4. Doesn’t nod off to sleep while I’m emoting
5. Doesn’t re-tell same jokes too many times
6. Is in good enough shape to get off couch on Weekends
7. Usually wears matching socks and fresh underwear
8. Appreciates a good TV Dinner
9. Remembers your name on occasion
10. Shaves on some Weekends
What I Want in A Man, Revised List (at age 62)
1. Doesn’t scare small children
2. Remembers where bathroom is
3. Doesn’t require much money for upkeep
4. Only snores lightly when awake – LOUDLY when asleep
5. Forgets why he’s laughing
6. Is in good enough shape to stand up by himself
7. Usually wears some clothes
8. Likes soft foods
9. Remembers where he left his teeth
when… - um
What I Want in A Man, Revised List (at age 72)
Copyright © 2012 Collectibles Plus Stuff .ca.vu / CPS - aSite2C .ca.vu / The Netzetteer ~~~ All Rights Reserved ~~~ Website Designed by MRL